Hi! I do the traditional ones only because due to the unavailability of my PC, i have significantly less things to occupy myself with. Got a laptop but it's unfit to handle digital art.2014.07.28. EDIT:
adjusted some prices, simplified descriptions, added new examples.
prices are in $(USD)
read the pricing guide for more info
note that some of the examples are considerably old
rough half-body (price for 1 figure) = 10 rough full-body (price for 1 figure) = 20 simple drawing = 30-50*
-completely polished figure drawing, or rougher illustration = 50-90*
- completely polished portrait = 40examples: sta.sh/023agiixjoet
complete, polished illustration = 110-200*
ink drawing (price for A/4): 40-60*
stylized figure (A/5 paper): 60
* = you can approximately guess the price based on how complex the thing is that you want depicted.
The things that determine complexity:
- background's complexity, the character's (visual) complexity, the amount of characters.
- paper size - max size: A/3, comfortable size: A/4, small size: A/5 or postcard, minimal size: ACEO; if you let me choose the paper size you might not like my choice so you better choose it yourself. If you are unsure, i can give suggestions.
__________________________________________________________ Info & ToS - If you are interested
in commissioning me, send a note or an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on Skype (whiteraven.art).
Roughly explain what it is that you want me to draw, how do you want me to draw it, ask any questions you may have. I'll give an exact price once i know what am i supposed to draw - that price will be between the two extremes that i specified up there, or if it's an exact price, then i'll confirm that. Don't send money or detailed info until we agreed on the commission. If you want an explanation for the price i give, i'll gladly explain.- I accept USD/EUR/HUF
. Paypal or bank transfer. Prepayment in full under $90 works. For $90 or more: either prepaid in full or split in two: 1/2 before i start, 1/2 after i finish.
- I have a commission list
on the bottom left of my profile page, i update it every time i make an advancement. In case i take longer than a month and you are worried, throw a note or e-mail at me. If you think i'm taking way too long, you can request a full refund and cancel the commission. If you are on the list but i haven't started your commission and you changed your mind about the thing you want me to draw, we can still renegotiate it.- Work-flow
for everything except rough drawings: i will make 3-4 rough sketches and let you choose which one to continue with, and make changes to the chosen sketch if needed. I can also make small changes after i've completed the picture.- Subjects
i won't draw: pornography, extreme violence/gore, racist/discriminatory themes. Nudity and tastefully erotic themes are ok, a realistic amount of gore/violence is ok. I'm also ok with drawing fan characters. Ask if you are still unsure.
- I can work with written descriptions as well as visual references.
- These are all private commissions, not for commercial use.
- I treat the finished piece with fixative spray.
- Postal prices: For A/4, A/5 and ACEO sizes: $5. For A/3 size (which needs to be sent in a box): $30 inside Europe, $50 overseas.
- Price reference: www.posta.hu/static/internet/d…
(prices displayed on the PDF are in HUF, not USD. 1USD ~ 230HUF)
___________________________________________________________ Technical info Drawing:
I draw with a 2B mechanical pencil (both lead and pencil are Rotring), and work on ivory paper. It isn't actual ivory, it just looks and feels pretty much like ivory. Has a gentle yellow tone, not glossy but very smooth, relatively thick and durable.
If you commission sketches and don't want them mailed to you, i can draw them in my sketchbook which is also made of ivory paper (14.7x21.6cm).Inking:
For inking i use ivory paper, technical pens (Rotring, 0.20, 0.30 and 0.50 sizes) with Faber-Castell drawing ink, and traditional dip pens with Koh-i-Noor drawing ink.Colors:
For the colored stylized pieces i use ivory paper and gel pens. And the same technical pens i use for inking.